Posted on June 11, 2015
Hi there. Needless to say, this will be my first post. I already said quite a mouthful about myself in the About page. So while I am developing the contents of this website, allow me to share my favorite photography and travel quotes.
- “Life is like a camera. Just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot.”–Unknown
- “All photographs are accurate. None of them is the truth.”–Richard Avedon (A reminder not to overdo post-processing of my photos.)
- “The camera is an excuse to be someplace you otherwise don’t belong. It gives me both a point of connection and a point of separation.” –Susan Meiselas (My excuse for travel.)
- “Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second.” — Marc Riboud (Do something you love so you won’t need motivation.)
And my favorite (from my daughter). She must have read this somewhere;
- “You’re not a photographer. You’re just a guy with an expensive camera.” (My reason for studying and maximizing the camera’s potential.) 🙂
- “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.”–Anonymous
- “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page”–Saint Augustine (One of my bosses has read the entire book!)
- “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before”–Dalai Lama (Good suggestion!)
- “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home”– James Michener (Sometimes, we need to be lost in a new place to find ourselves.)
- “When overseas, you learn more about your own country, than you do the place you’re visiting”–Clint Borgen (A love and big dreams for your own country is important.)
Okay. Enough of the talk. Let’s start taking some pictures 🙂
See you in my next post.